2008年9月30日 星期二

[IEG] SWOT analysis on myself

To help frame the question of how the university would affected me, here is a SWOT analysis of me, what I could do, and some things I could consider working on - in 2008 and beyond.

(S) Strength

Good Searching Technique
I am good at searching; I have been an active internet user since secondary school, and I have a system of my own to organize information. For information that I need for research, I know where I can start searching with, and locating the data and getting it is something easily for me to do.

Wide Information Base
I read a lot of tech blogs and tech news sites everyday. This helps me develop a wide and deep understanding of what is happening on the internet.

Understand the Internet trend
Compare to other students, I have a deeper understanding of how the internet is changing, for example the meaning of Web 2.0 or what do the experts in this area are studying on.

(W) Weakness

Bad Momory
I have a really bad memory. I have read thousend of articles but hardly remember any one of them. I could find everything I need near the computer but without it I would be like any normal teenagers.

Easy to get distracted
Like most of the children who grow in internet age, I never work on something long and often turn away from the original focus of interest in less than a hour.

Lack of creativity
No one would expect me to raise any new ideas; I am good at organizing information but do not have the insight to see things different.

(O) Opportunities

IEG group project
This project require students to read lots of articles and write a report on some technical issues like mobile computing. It is the best opportunities to use my research and organize skill to get the project done.

New Life
First year in university is like starting a new life, everyone are learning from a new starting line, this give fast learners an adventage over the others.

(T) Threats

Family Issue
Recently a close family member have go into hospital after tested positive for cancer. I need spend quite some time in hospital every day and this greatly affect my normal life.

Lack of time
Also due to various activity like softball team training, Information day preparation, volunteer works, all have taken up a certain amount of time that I have no other choice but to sacrifice some of my revision time.

This is the assigement 3 of IEG10001

沒有留言: